For a saree, a hairstyle that complements the traditional attire and enhances its grace is crucial. One popular choice is to opt for a sleek bun with a center or side part, adorned with traditional hair accessories like flowers or jeweled pins.
This classic look adds elegance and sophistication to the overall ensemble. However, if you prefer a more contemporary style, you can try a loose side braid or a fishtail braid, which gives a modern yet ethnic touch. Whether you choose a bun or a braid, make sure to consider the saree’s fabric, color, and your personal preference to achieve a harmonious and stunning look.
Classic Saree Hairstyles
Traditional Buns And Braids: Perfect For A Classic Look
To complement the elegance of a saree, traditional buns and braids are a perfect choice. These timeless hairstyles not only add grace to your overall look but also keep your hair neatly in place. Here are the key points to consider:
- Traditional bun: Elevate your saree style with a classic bun. It provides a sophisticated and traditional touch to your overall look. With a bun, you can showcase the intricate details of your saree blouse or opt for a statement hair accessory.
- Braided elegance: Another classic choice is a braid. Whether it’s a simple braid or a more intricate one like a fishtail or rope braid, it adds a touch of elegance and complements the saree beautifully. You can also add flowers or hair accessories to enhance the braid and make it more eye-catching.
- Accessorize wisely: The key to perfecting a classic saree look lies in the careful selection of accessories. Consider using traditional hairpins, gajra (flower garlands), or even delicate embellished hair combs to enhance your hairstyle. Choose accessories that match the color scheme of your saree for a coordinated and cohesive look.
Adding Flowers Or Accessories To Elevate The Style
Adding flowers or accessories to your saree hairstyle can take your look to a whole new level. Here are some key points to consider:
- Flower power: Opt for fresh flowers or artificial ones to adorn your hair. This is a popular choice for various occasions and adds a touch of femininity and freshness to your overall look. You can either create a crown-like arrangement or randomly pin individual flowers for a more bohemian vibe.
- Hair accessories: From bejeweled clips to embellished hairbands, there are numerous options to glam up your hairstyle. Consider using statement hair accessories that match the colors and style of your saree. A well-chosen hair accessory can instantly transform your look from ordinary to extraordinary.
- Balance is key: While it’s great to accessorize, it’s essential to strike the right balance. Avoid going overboard with accessories as it can overpower your saree and hairstyle. Opt for a few carefully chosen pieces that complement your overall look without distracting from your saree’s beauty.
How To Create A Sleek Bun Or Braid
Creating a sleek bun or braid adds a touch of sophistication to your saree look. Here are the steps to achieve this sleek style:
- Smooth preparation: Start by brushing your hair thoroughly to remove any tangles or knots. Apply a smoothing serum or styling cream to tame frizz and add shine.
- Gather your hair: For a sleek bun, gather your hair into a high ponytail and secure it with a hair tie. For a sleek braid, divide your hair into three sections at the nape of your neck.
- Sleek it back: Apply some hair gel or styling cream to the gathered hair or braid sections and use a fine-tooth comb to brush it back, smoothing out any flyaways or stray strands.
- Twist or braid: For a sleek bun, twist the ponytail tightly and wrap it around its base, securing with bobby pins. For a sleek braid, continue braiding tightly until you reach the ends and secure with a hair tie.
- Set it in place: To ensure your sleek bun or braid stays intact, use a hairspray with strong hold to set the hairstyle. This will keep any frizz or flyaways at bay throughout the day or evening.
Step-By-Step Guide For A Sophisticated Look
Creating a sophisticated hairstyle that complements your saree is easier than you think. Follow these steps for an elegant look:
- Prep your hair: Start by thoroughly washing and conditioning your hair. Apply a heat protectant spray or serum if you plan to use any heating tools.
- Section your hair: Divide your hair into sections to make it more manageable. Create a middle partition from the front to the crown of your head and secure each side with hair clips.
- Tease for volume: Take a small section of hair near your crown and gently tease it with a comb or teasing brush. This will add volume and height to your hairstyle.
- Create a twist: Take one side section, twist it towards the back, and secure it with bobby pins. Repeat the same on the other side, ensuring that the twists meet at the center.
- Bun it up: Gather all the remaining hair and twist it into a sleek bun at the nape of your neck. Secure the bun with bobby pins, making sure it feels secure and neat.
- Finishing touches: Smooth out any flyaways or loose strands using a fine-tooth comb. Set your hairstyle in place with hairspray to keep it looking sophisticated throughout the day.
Following these steps will help you achieve a sophisticated and chic hairstyle that perfectly complements your saree. You’ll be ready to turn heads at any event or occasion.
Modern Saree Hairstyles
Whether you’re attending a wedding, a festive celebration, or a formal event, finding the perfect hairstyle to complement your saree is essential. Modern saree hairstyles can elevate your entire look, adding an element of elegance and charm. From loose curls to half up, half down hairstyles, there are plenty of options to suit different hair lengths and personal styles.
Here are some trendy modern saree hairstyles and styling tips to help you achieve the perfect look.
Loose Curls: Effortless And Chic
- Loose curls are a timeless and versatile hairstyle that go well with any saree style.
- They add texture and volume to your hair, giving you a soft and romantic look.
- To achieve loose curls, start by applying a heat protectant spray to your hair.
- Use a curling iron or wand to curl small sections of your hair, working from the bottom to the top.
- For a more natural look, alternate the direction of the curls.
- Once all the hair is curled, gently tousle the curls with your fingers to loosen them up.
- Finish off with a hairspray to set the curls in place.
How To Achieve Voluminous Curls That Last
- Voluminous curls add drama and glamour to your saree look, making it perfect for special occasions.
- Begin by applying a volumizing mousse to your damp hair to add lift and hold.
- Divide your hair into sections and use a large barrel curling iron to curl each section away from your face.
- Allow the curls to cool for a few minutes before gently brushing through them with your fingers.
- To create more volume, tease the roots of your hair using a comb.
- Finally, spritz some hairspray all over to ensure your curls last all day or night.
Half Up, Half Down: A Playful And Youthful Look
- The half up, half down hairstyle is a fun and youthful option that can be customized to suit your saree.
- Start by sectioning off the top half of your hair and securing it with a hair tie or clips.
- You can leave some face-framing strands loose for a soft and romantic look.
- For added flair, you can twist or braid the sections of hair and secure them at the back of your head.
- This hairstyle allows you to showcase the beauty of your saree while keeping your hair out of your face.
Styling Tips For Different Hair Lengths
- Opt for sleek and polished hairstyles like a sleek bob or a pixie cut with side-swept bangs.
- Add a embellished hairpin or headband to add a touch of elegance.
- Experiment with braids and twists, such as a fishtail braid or a twisted updo.
- You can also try a messy bun or a low ponytail with loose curls for a boho-chic vibe.
- Embrace intricate braided hairstyles like a crown braid or a waterfall braid.
- Consider a classic bun or a sleek ponytail with a middle part for a sophisticated look.
Incorporating Hair Accessories To Add Flair
- Hair accessories can take your saree hairstyle to the next level, adding a touch of sparkle and personality.
- Opt for traditional accessories like maang tikka, jhumkas, and hairpins adorned with pearls or gemstones.
- Floral accessories like fresh flowers or artificial flower clips can also add freshness and vibrancy to your look.
- Experiment with different placement options, such as adorning a side braid or tucking a flower behind your ear.
Remember, these are just some of the many modern saree hairstyles to choose from. The key is to find a style that makes you feel confident and beautiful. Experiment with different looks and have fun accessorizing to create the perfect hairstyle to complement your saree.
Hairstyles For Different Saree Drapes
When it comes to styling your hair for a saree, it’s essential to choose a hairstyle that complements the drape style. Different saree drapes call for different hairstyles to enhance the overall look. Whether you’re wearing a nivi drape, bengali drape, maharashtrian drape, or south indian drape, we’ve got you covered with some stunning hairstyle ideas.
Let’s explore these saree drape hairstyles in detail:
Nivi Drape: Accentuating The Pallu With An Elegant Updo
- An elegant updo is a perfect choice for a nivi drape, where the pallu is worn over the shoulder. This hairstyle adds a touch of sophistication and draws attention to the elaborate pallu design.
Here are some key points to consider:
- Sweep your hair back and secure it in a neat bun or chignon at the nape of your neck.
- Leave a few strands loose at the front to frame your face and soften the look.
- Add some accessories like hairpins or flowers to enhance the elegance of the updo.
Bengali Drape: A Side-Swept Hairstyle For A Regal Touch
- The bengali drape is known for its unique pleating style and the placement of the pallu on the left shoulder. To complement this regal drape, a side-swept hairstyle works wonders.
Key points to keep in mind:
- Part your hair on one side and sweep it to the opposite side.
- Create loose, cascading curls or waves for an effortlessly glamorous look.
- Secure the hair with bobby pins or decorative hair accessories on the side opposite to the pallu.
Maharashtrian Drape: Adorning The Hairstyle With Traditional Hair Jewelry
- Maharashtrian saree drapes are characterized by their distinctive drape style and rich cultural heritage. To enhance this traditional look, adorning the hairstyle with traditional hair jewelry is a must.
Consider the following pointers:
- Tie your hair in a bun at the back and secure it tightly.
- Decorate the bun with traditional hair accessories like a ‘borla’ (a round-shaped maang tikka), ‘ambada pin’ (ornamental hair pin), or ‘mundavalya’ (a pearl string worn across the forehead).
- Let a few strands of hair fall loose at the front to frame your face gracefully.
South Indian Drape: Braids And Buns To Complement The Saree’S Richness
- South indian saree drapes are known for their opulent look and well-crafted pleats. Braids and buns are popular hairstyles that beautifully complement the richness of this drape style.
Consider these key points:
- Opt for a traditional braid like a simple three-strand braid or a more intricate fishtail or rope braid.
- Decorate the braid with flowers, jeweled hairpins, or traditional accessories like ‘jada vottu’ or a ‘papidi billa’.
- Alternatively, you can also go for a neat bun adorned with fresh flowers or a decorative bun cover.
Remember to choose a hairstyle that not only matches the saree drape but also reflects your personal style and enhances your overall look. With these hairstyle ideas for different saree drapes, you’ll be ready to dazzle at any occasion.
Experimenting With Accessories And Hair Jewelry
When it comes to styling your hair for a saree, accessories and hair jewelry can take your look to a whole new level. They not only add a touch of sparkle and glamour but also complement your outfit perfectly. Experimenting with different accessories can help you create a unique and personalized hairstyle that will make you stand out.
Here are some key points to consider when using accessories and hair jewelry to enhance your saree hairstyle:
Maang Tikka: Adding A Touch Of Sparkle To Your Hairstyle
- Maang tikka is a traditional indian hair accessory that consists of a decorative pendant attached to a chain or string.
- It is typically worn on the center parting of the hair and rests on the forehead, adding a touch of elegance to your overall look.
- Maang tikka comes in various designs, from delicate and intricate to bold and statement-making.
- Choose a maang tikka that complements the color and design of your saree for a cohesive and stunning look.
- You can opt for a matching maang tikka or go for a contrasting color to create a striking effect.
- Maang tikka can be styled with various hairstyles such as braids, updos, or even loose curls, depending on the look you want to achieve.
Passa: Embracing A Bohemian Vibe With This Unique Accessory
- Passa, also known as a side tikka, is a beautiful and unique hair accessory that adds a bohemian touch to your saree hairstyle.
- It sits on one side of the head, adorning your hair with intricate designs and embellishments.
- Passa usually consists of a pendant attached to a chain, which can be pinned or tucked into the hair.
- This accessory works well with hairstyles that have loose waves or curls, adding a romantic and ethereal feel to your overall look.
- Choose a passa with delicate details and crystals or opt for a more bold and statement-making design, depending on your personal style and the occasion.
Jhumkas: Highlighting Your Hairstyle With Statement Earrings
- Jhumkas are traditional indian earrings that can instantly elevate your saree hairstyle.
- These earrings usually feature a bell-shaped design with intricately carved patterns and hangings.
- Jhumkas come in various sizes, from small and delicate to large and statement-making.
- Pairing jhumkas with your saree hairstyle can draw attention to your ears and beautifully frame your face.
- Opt for jhumkas that match the color scheme of your saree or choose contrast colors to make them stand out.
- Whether you have your hair down or styled in an updo, jhumkas are a versatile accessory that can enhance any saree look.
Hair Chains: Creating A Glamorous And Intricate Look
- Hair chains, also known as hair mathapattis, are intricate and glamorous accessories that can transform your saree hairstyle.
- These chains are worn across the forehead, adding a regal and ornate touch to your overall look.
- Hair chains usually consist of a decorative pendant in the center and delicate chains on either side.
- They can be attached to the hair using pins or incorporated into a hairstyle, such as a braid or a bun.
- Hair chains come in various designs and can be adorned with crystals, pearls, or intricate metalwork.
- When styling your hair with a hair chain, keep the rest of your accessories minimal to let the chain take the center stage.
Experimenting with accessories and hair jewelry is a fun and creative way to enhance your saree hairstyle. Whether you choose a maang tikka, passa, jhumkas, or hair chains, these accessories can add that extra wow factor to your overall look.
Remember to choose accessories that complement your saree and personal style, and have fun creating unique hairstyles that make you feel confident and beautiful.
Frequently Asked Questions For Hair Style For Saree
What Are Some Trendy Hairstyles For Saree?
Trendy hairstyles for saree include a low bun, a loose side braid, a half-up half-down style, and a sleek ponytail. These hairstyles complement the elegance of a saree while adding a modern touch.
How Can I Style My Hair For A Traditional Saree?
For a traditional saree, you can opt for a classic bun adorned with flowers or accessories. Another option is to create a neat and traditional braid, decorated with hair accessories like jhumkas or hairpins. These hairstyles perfectly complement the traditional essence of a saree.
What Hairstyles Work Best For A Designer Saree?
Designer sarees often have intricate details and modern patterns. To match the elegance of a designer saree, you can choose hairstyles like a chic updo with loose curls, a fishtail braid with strands left loose for a boho look, or a side-swept hairstyle with soft waves.
Can I Leave My Hair Open With A Saree?
Yes, leaving your hair open with a saree can create a beautiful and effortless look. You can leave your hair straight with a middle or side part, add loose curls, or create soft waves for a more feminine touch. Just ensure that your hair is well-groomed and complements your saree style.
How Can I Add Volume To My Hair While Wearing A Saree?
To add volume to your hair while wearing a saree, you can backcomb the crown area slightly or use a volumizing spray. Another trick is to create loose curls or waves, as they can make your hair appear voluminous. Additionally, using a texturizing product can help create the illusion of fuller hair.
To complete your saree look, choosing the right hairstyle is crucial. Your hairstyle can enhance your overall appearance, making you look graceful and elegant. Whether you opt for a sleek bun, a simple braid, or loose curls, the key is to find a hairstyle that complements your saree and facial features.
Experimenting with different hairstyles can help you discover the perfect one for your personal style and occasion. Don’t forget to consider the neck and back of your blouse while selecting a hairstyle. Adding accessories like flowers, hairpins, or jeweled clips can also elevate your hairstyle and add that extra touch of glamour.
Remember, the key is to embrace your individuality and feel confident in your chosen hairstyle. With the right hairdo, you can make a statement and shine in your saree ensemble. Happy styling!